Mommy Holly Adventures

Monday, August 20, 2007

The Wedding!

I didn't blog about the wedding while we were in Glenwood Spgs because we didn't have internet access. The rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception were as fun and unique as Jennifer and Greg. They are very fun and outdoorsy people. Jennifer has always been a fun loving and free spirit girl. The (Hoe Down) rehearsal dinner was at the Mountain Chalet. It was good to see some people we hadn't seen in 30+ years and to see some of the people that Larry worked with at Nexen. The dinner was a barbeque and was delicious. Jen & Greg did a slide show of the two of them as they were growing up and after they met. They both love the outdoors and are great hikers, skiers. white water rafters, - you get the picture. They have a huge Chesapeke Bay Retriever, but he couldn't come to the wedding. They live in Vermont and didn't want to fly him. (But Stacy and Aaron brought their very huge Golden Retriever/Standard Poodle mix - Dexter. He was in the wedding!) Anyway, the dinner was great. On Saturday, we went to the top of the mountain via the Gondola. The wedding was on the wedding deck overlooking the mountains. It was very plain and beautiful. With mountains as your setting, you don't need a lot of froo-froo! She had not attendants, but the families were escorted down the "aisle" to sit at the front. Stacie and Aaron walked together with Dexter on a leash. Jennifer was escorted by her father. She wore a simple off-white gown of either taffeta or crepe or a mixture of both, a turquoise necklace and western boots. She chose not to wear a veil or carry a bouquet of flowers, which turned out to be fine. Doug was dressed in western attire, as was Glenda and Stacie. The ceremony was simple but sweet. They exchanged vows and rings with each other. There were 3 readings, the last by Stacie. It was from the Velveteen Rabbit and she cried all through it. The music that was played by a string quartet was very appropriate for the wedding - very hoedownish and really did fit the occasion. After pictures, including a group picture of everyone there, we rode the gondola down. Part way down a storm came through with lightening and thundering. Everytime lightening struck, the gondola shut down automatically. What a fun ride! I wasn't scared a bit! Right! The reception was at The Cantina and of couse was mexican food. I ate so many appetizers while we were standing around visiting that when it was time to order dinner, I didn't! I couldn't eat another bite. Stacie did another slide show of Jennifer and included much more funny pics. Amy, you were in one of them with Wade and Matt Bagley, Stacie and Jennifer. It was at Halloween and you were wearing a Tweety Bird costume. I don't remember it, but Glenda said it was a party at the Bagleys. There was lots of dancing a the reception, mostly western, with a lady "Ethel" who taught some of the dances. It was very fun. We left there at about 11pm to head back to Glenwood Spgs.

Yesterday, we packed up and headed to Colo. Spgs. Last night we went to the Flying W Ranch where we ate barbeque and had some entertainment. We sat at a table with some people from Conneticut. The lady, Donna had on a short sleeved shirt and once the sun started setting, it got cooler. I had on a short sleeved shirt with a long sleeved one over it. I also took my wind breaker in case it rained. I offered it to her, but at first she declined. As it got darker, it got colder and I started getting a bit chilled. I wanted to put on my wind breaker, but didn't have the heart to when I kept seeing huge goosebumps on her. Finally, I offered it to her again, thinking if she declined I would just put it on. She accepted! I tried very hard not to shiver in front of her. Anyway, we both survived the cooler temps and enjoyed the eveing.

We will leave this morning and head to Sunray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home